Youtube ads are similar to TV-commercials, but have several distinctive features:
- You only pay for the videos that haven’t been ‘skipped’ and watched till the end (cost-per-view). The user can skip the video after the first 5 seconds, but in that case, you won’t pay anything.
- As with all AdWords campaigns you can choose the daily budget you are comfortable and pause campaigns at anytime.
- You can target users based on their demographics (sex, age) or contextually based on the video content – just like in the Display Network.
- You can set a frequency cap to limit the amount of times any single user sees your ad. If someone has ‘skipped’ your video already 10 times, well, let them go.
- Free clicks – you can add a banner (sized 300×60) on your video, and if a user clicks on it, it won’t cost you anything!
- You can get more exposure for the same price. It doesn’t matter if you show an ad that is 30 seconds long or 10 minutes long – the price remains the same.
Advertisement placement options:
You can show your ads before videos, where people have an option to skip the ad after the first 5 seconds.
If the person skips the ad, it won’t cost you a thing.
In search results, where you can show ads to people who are more likely to be interested in your product or service.
And of course besides the videos, where you will also have an option to add 300×60 sized ad.